Our Food Business Incubator Program
Our incubator program supports entrepreneurs in launching their food business by providing affordable commercial kitchen and retail kiosk space, as well as connections to market channels and building necessary skills and experience to grow a stable business.
Incubator participants are part of a business network—they meet regularly with other participants, share responsibilities in maintaining the kitchen space, and work regularly with a business coach.
Once accepted into the program, entrepreneurs receive help with required permits, licenses and insurance, marketing needs, and a basic business plan.
Next deadline to apply: This is a rolling application process and we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis
Who is eligible to apply?
• You must live in South King County: Auburn, Burien, Des Moines, Federal Way, Kent, Renton, Tukwila, SeaTac, Skyway, or White Center/Boulevard Park. South of the Seattle City limits, and South of I-90.
• You must meet our business ready requirements and have an interest in working in a food business incubator program and shared commercial kitchen space.
• Your business must be in the startup phase. (Start-up food businesses have not yet formalized their business by entering into a commercial kitchen agreement, holding a Public Health permit, and are not yet “breaking even,” or making a profit from their business.)
• Your business must be at a point where most of your 2-3 year goals can be met by working through our incubator program.
We give priority to: low-income families, immigrants, refugees and individuals from displaced indigenous communities, BIPOC entrepreneurs, and women.
How to apply
Your complete application will include:
• A draft business plan
• A food worker card
• Part 2 of the FIN Incubator Program Application (we will send you the link after we have received the FIN Incubator Program Interest Form)
• A food presentation and tasting
• A business plan review meeting with FIN staff